WALKINGPAD R1 Pro Treadmill Review
The WALKINGPAD R1 Pro Treadmill may fulfill the dream of those who were looking for an affordable and truly space-saving treadmill for their fitness goals. Due to its unique design, it can be folded to make it very thin and small, and taken to the workplace to slide under the desk and exercise while working.
When not in use in the office, users can conveniently store it under the desk, and at home, it can be stored under the bed or sofa, or between the gaps in any furniture or wall.
Published: January 29, 2022.
WALKINGPAD R1 Pro Treadmill Specifications
- Dimensions when assembled: 59 x 28 x 35 inches (146 x 72 x 90 cm) (L x W x H)
- Dimensions when folded: 38.5 x 28 x 6 inches (98 x 72 x 15.5 cm) (L x W x H)
- Weight when assembled: 84 lbs. (38 kg)
- Voltage: 110V (50Hz)
- Dimensions of running/walking surface: 47 x 17 inch (120 x 44 cm) (L x W)
- Maximum user weight capacity: 242 lbs. (110 kg)
- Walking Mode - maximum speed - 3.75miles per hour (6 km/h)
- Running Mode - maximum speed - 6.2 miles per hour (10 km/h)
The package of the WALKINGPAD R1 Pro contains 1 R1 Pro base frame with the handle folded, 1 remote control, 1 safety clip, 1 power cable, 1 hexagonal wrench, 1 bottle of silicone oil and 1 instruction manual.
Features of WALKINGPAD R1 Pro
The frame of the WALKINGPAD R1 Pro is made of strong and durable aluminum alloy and consists of two main parts – handle and deck.
Foldable and Space-Saving Design
The design of the WALKINGPAD R1 Pro is unique in the sense that it’s not only foldable but also becomes like a very thin suitcase which users can insert into any gap and takes a really narrow and small space, such as under the bed or sofa or between a cupboard and a wall.
What’s more, it can be fitted inside one’s car boot, and thus very convenient to carry in travel if the user is a frequent traveler.
Users can fold the deck in the middle in half and lift it up to line up with the handle. Further, the handle is retractable and thus the unit turns into a suitcase-sized machine. The team of WalkingPad claims that this particular design of this treadmill saves up to 90% of space.
The handle of the treadmill provides excellent safety and balance.
The deck of the WALKINGPAD R1 Pro features the motor and the anti-slip running belt for better grip with EVA cushioning to reduce the impact on knees while exercising.
In addition to turning into a small-sized unit, the WALKINGPAD R1 Pro also has rolling wheels with which users can conveniently and easily move the unit wherever they want.
Due to the excellent movability, the machine can be moved to any room and also to a vehicle to carry it to the office or a traveling destination. As long as users have access to a power outlet, they should not find any difficulty to use this machine.
The WALKINGPAD R1 Pro has two modes: Walking and Running. Users can control these in three ways.
1. The first way is to use the included remote control’s buttons to control the speed (the remote needs a CR 2032 which is not included).
2. The second way is the feet control, in which users just have to change their feet’s position on the belt to increase, reduce, or maintain their speed.
3. The third way is to connect the smartphone via KS Fit app to the unit and use it as a control panel. Users can place their phone or tablet on the tablet holder featured on the handle. The KS Fit app has a range of training options.
The console of the WALKINGPAD R1 Pro features an LED display that is not very stylish or advanced. But it gets one’s job done. It shows workout stats like workout time, distance covered, and running speed.
The maximum speed in the walking mode is 3.75mph (6 km/h) and that in the running mode is 6.2 miles per hour (10 km/h).
The WALKINGPAD R1 Pro comes with a safety clip that brings the machine to a stop in case of emergency or accidental falls.
The WALKINGPAD R1 Pro features a smartly hidden tablet holder on its handle, in which users can place their phone or tablet and keep themselves connected and entertained during the workout.
Pros of WALKINGPAD R1 Pro
- Strong and durable aluminum alloy frame
- Convenient dual-folding space-saving design
- Anti-slip running belt for better grip with EVA cushioning to reduce impact on knees
- Easily portable with transport wheels
- Handle provides excellent balance and safety
- Walking and Running Modes
- 3 ways to control the speeds
- Can be connected to KS Fit app which has a range of training options
- Safety clip included
- Remote control included
- Hidden tablet holder included
- A bottle of silicone oil lubricant included
- Quite silent
- Can be slid under the desk and users can exercise while working
- No assembly required
Cons of WALKINGPAD R1 Pro
- Very basic console
- No online connectivity
- No built-in workout programs
- No incline system
- No heart rate monitoring
- No other add-ons like sound system, workout fan or bottle holder
- Battery for the remote is not included
The WALKINGPAD R1 Pro is an excellent machine for those who cannot exercise due to their busy working hours and are looking for a space-saving treadmill that they can use even while working.
For such a price, it presents a lot of features like three modes of controlling the speed, unique folding design that turns the machine into a thin suitcase-like device, two different modes for walking and running, and a safety clip for an emergency stoppage.
For users who are looking for features like an advanced and telemetric console, built-in workout programs, incline system with multiple levels, Bluetooth connectivity, pulse sensors, add-ons like sound system, or workout fan, etc. this may not be the right product.
But for those who are happy with something that can enable them to work out in an easy way and even while working, this is one of the best treadmills.
For more reviews and recommendations, feel free to check WALKINGPAD R1 Pro Treadmill Amazon link (link opens in the new window).