Cap Barbell 40-Pound Dumbbell Set
Cap Barbell 40-Pound Dumbbell Set is set of two adjustable dumbbells in plastic carrying case. Price is very acceptable, especially when compared with adjustable dumbbells that have various plates changing systems - on the other hand, changing weights on such dumbbells is faster.
Cap Barbell 40-Pound Dumbbell Set Features
- 40 pound set includes two handles, four 2.5-pound plates, four 5-pound plates, 4 collars, and a plastic storage case
- Set features ergonomic grips, comfort handles, and rubber trim collars
- Durable cast iron plates have a semi-gloss finish
- Collars are threaded for a secure fit to handles
- Rust and maintenance-free
- Rack storage system
- Dimensions: 20 x 9 x 8 inches (LxWxH); 51 x 23 x 21 cm
- Overall weight: 41.15 pounds (18.7 kg)
40 pounds of weight is not much weight. Also, changing weights is relatively slow. Many people address this problem by buying one more set of these dumbbells and/or more weight plates - using 10 pound plates, 65 pounds are easily achievable (5 pound bar with six, 10 pounds, plates), or one can set two dumbbells heavier than 20 pounds and two dumbbells lighter than 20 pounds (suitable for warming up, super sets and similar). If you do need more sets or anything similar, check dumbbells with special systems for adding/removing plates.
Bars are 14 inches long (around 36 cm) and that length can be a problem during certain exercises.
Sometimes new dumbbells smell on gasoline or have similar smell - clean them with a rag or similar cloth. If needed, repeat cleaning with some cleaning agent.
Long story short - great basic and sturdy slide-on dumbbells.
For more reviews and recommendations, feel free to follow link CAP Barbell 40-pound Adjustable Dumbbell Set with Case Amazon link (link opens in the new window).