Bowflex SelectTech 1090 Adjustable Dumbbell
Bowflex SelectTech 1090 Adjustable Dumbbells adjust from 10 to 90 pounds (4.53 - 40.8 kg) quickly and easily, thus eliminating the need for multiple dumbbells having around. This is great solution for home gyms, not so for commercial gyms. Price for one or two dumbbells appears high but, in fact, such dumbbells in the long run save both money and space.
Published: January 24, 2020.
Bowflex SelectTech 1090 Adjustable Dumbbell Features and Specifications
- physical dimensions: 17.5 inches by 10 inches by 10 inches (44.5x25.4x25.4 cm). These are not small dumbbells and keep that in mind when working out, since dimensions can limit range of motion during certain exercises,
- weight is adjusted from 10 pounds (4.53 kg) up to 90 pounds (40.8 kg) in 5-pound (2.265 kg) increments with the twist of a dial-in mechanism -if you are not sure how, please, read the manual for explanation. Manual has around 40 pages and it explains how to change weight, use and maintain dumbbells and has basic 'Menu Plan' and exercise descriptions.
- weight settings: 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90 pounds - 17 different available weight settings,
- dumbbell comes with "Secrets of the 4-Step Rep" DVD which explains more than 30 exercises that can be done with these dumbbells,
- warranty: parts - 2 years limited, plates - 2 years, labor - 1 year.
Bowflex SelectTech 1090 Adjustable Dummbells come with the base where they should be kept during exercises for fast and easy weight change.
Bowflex SelectTech Dumbbell Stand is highly recommended for these and/or smaller SelectTech 552 adjustable dumbbells - it is much easier to change weight of the dumbbells, keep dumbbells during workouts and to store them on the dumbbell stand than to keep them simply on the floor.
Maintenance - these are low maintenance dumbbells. Weight dial mechanism has been internally lubricated and plates are generally lubricant free, since they have low friction by design.
Bowflex SelectTech 1090 vs 552 Adjustable Dumbbells
These adjustable dumbbells are very similar - they differ in weight, SelectTech 552 can be adjusted from 5 to 52.5 pounds in 2.5 pounds increments, while SelectTech 1090 can be adjusted from 10 to 90 pounds, in 5 pounds increments.
SelectTech 552 are 15.75 inches long by 8 inches wide by 9 inches tall (40x20.3x23 cm), while SelectTech 1090 are slightly larger 17.5 inches by 10 inches by 10 inches (44.5x25.4x25.4 cm).
Bowflex SelectTech 1090 Adjustable Dumbbell recommendation - this is highly recommended adjustable weight dumbbell for any home gym. It has wide range of weights, weights are selectable quickly and easily and if you have dumbbell stand, any back strain is avoided. Also, this dumbbell save space and although its price is higher than simple iron fixed-size dumbbells, in the long run, it saves even money.
Its downside is downside of all adjustable dumbbells - at the same time, only one trainee can workout with this dumbbell. This is big issue for commercial gyms, but for home gyms this issue is often irrelevant . After all, as soon as one trainee puts down these dumbbells, another trainee can quickly change the weight, do his/her set and pass the dumbbells to another trainee...
For more reviews and recommendations, feel free to check Bowflex SelectTech 1090 Adjustable Dumbbell Amazon link (link opens in the new window).