Sole Fitness E35 Elliptical Machine
Sole Fitness E35 Elliptical Machine is big, sturdy, well built and expensive elliptical with many great features. Due to its quality and features, this elliptical belong to the group of high-end home ellipticals and intro level commercial ellipticals. If you really like to do low impact cardio at home and you don't mind spending 1000+ dollars/euros, have this elliptical in mind.
Sole Fitness E35 Elliptical Machine Features
With 215 pounds and WxHxD of 27x58x83 inches (68x147x211 cm) this is big elliptical that require space for normal workout and storage. But, it also comes with 375 pounds (170kg) user weight limit - not many ellipticals support such user weight.
Sole Elliptical comes with:
- Adjustable pedals and console.
- Power adjustable stride and incline - the ramp angle is adjustable from 0 to 30 degrees. This in combination with 16 resistance levels provides workouts of all major lower body muscle groups at different angles, pace and resistance levels. Using the moving handlebars (upper body exercise) provides a total body cardio workout.
- 20-to-22-inch (51 to 56 cm) maximum stride length.
- Six standard programs, two custom programs, two heart rate programs - more than enough for home use. For commercial use, networked and/or USB custom programs are recommendable.
- Pulse grip and chest strap heart rate monitoring (includes heart rate chest strap) - support for heart rate programs. Great for people having any heart related issues needing to keep their heart rate monitored, but also for people wanting to push themselves. Note that although moving handlebars are adjustable, they don't have heart monitors on - they are only on the stationary handle bars. I wish they have heart monitors on moving handlebars, too, since there are people who don't like to have chest strap heart monitor on during workouts.
- LCD console with 7.5-inch display - LCD display is simple and easily readable - very important when heart rate is elevated and trainee is sweating heavily.
- Front drive system has 29 pounds (13kg) flywheel providing very smooth and quiet workout. This is very important if you have small kids - for example, morning cardio workout can be done while kids are sleeping in the room next door, with the doors closed.
- It has a built-in cooling fan - some people like this, some don't. Personally, I prefer to workout in room that is generally well air-conditioned, without direct air stream into me. If you are like me, then simply don't use this feature.
- 15-inch (38cm) pedals.
- Includes sound system (for MP3 player, iPod etc.) and water bottle holder.
Sole E35 Elliptical Warranties
Sole E35 Elliptical includes manufacturer's warranties against defects in materials and workmanship:
- Frame: Lifetime
- Electronics and parts: Five years
- Labor: Two years
Before you order or buy this elliptical, be sure to check warranty and warranty terms.
And after you buy it, read the manual, especially if you are going to assemble it on your own - it is not too difficult, but there are heavy parts and if you can get it with free assembly included, why not? :)
Few more notes about this elliptical:
- this is big and heavy elliptical. And since it is rather expensive, keep it on permanent position, ready to run - you will use it more often. Just be sure to have enough space.
- maximum height from the floor of a single pedal is around 24 inches (61cm), but since the body of trainee is shifted to the lower pedal, even if you have rather low ceiling, it is possible to use such space for workouts.
- if you have wooden floors, be sure to put some padding under the machine - it is heavy and with bigger trainee, it can become very heavy. Also, any extra lube can drip on the floor - stains are easily cleaned, but why risk permanent damage to the floor? Even if you have hard floor suitable for E35 or any similar exercise machine, adding some padding will reduce noise levels even further.
- E35 is mains operated and it comes with relatively short power cord (6 feet - 183cm). So, if your outlet is 'behind' your elliptical, you will have to buy a decent extension cord (rated for at least 15A, preferably for 20A).
- machine can be used by both shorter (5 feet, 1.52m) and taller people (6'4" - 193cm; or even taller) - controls are easily reachable and LCD display is easily readable. Perhaps, the only thing that shorter people or kids will complain is that cooling fan doesn't adjust enough to cool them directly.
Again, this is big, bulky, heavy, sturdy and durable piece of exercise equipment. It has wheels for moving around, even a handle to do it more easily, but again, if you are going for such piece of a cardio machine, place it on permanent position. And, for your information, it DOESN'T fold. :)
For more reviews and recommendations, feel free to follow Sole Fitness E35 Elliptical Machine Amazon link (link opens in the new window).